The SoundScape Renderer (SSR) is a tool for real-time spatial audio reproduction providing a variety of rendering algorithms, e.g. Wave Field Synthesis, Higher-Order Ambisonics and binaural techniques. The development team has worked hard in the past months and is proud to announce a major release of the SoundScape Renderer.
Release 0.4.1 includes (amongst others)
- multi-threading support and other performance improvements
- Near-Field-Corrected Higher-Order-Ambisonics (NFC-HOA) renderer (experimental)
- Virtual-Reality Peripheral Network (VRPN) tracker support
- all renderers (except BRS and generic) are now available in MATLAB as MEX files
- the signal processing core of the SSR is separate and part of the Audio Processing Framework
You can download the SoundScape Renderer and find more information on its homepage. For feedback and bug-reports please use or new mailinglist or firstname.lastname@example.org.