We have worked hard in the last months to fix serveral bugs and on various improvements of the SoundScape Renderer (SSR). The current release 0.3.1 includes:
- OS X 10.6 port of the SSR
- Android remote control (as .apk)
- Pure Data (Pd) patches for remote-controlling the SSR
- “Binaural Playback Renderer”
- current audio scene can now be saved (have a look in the “file” menu)
- several bugfixes
- improvements in the build system
- improvements in new (multithreaded) renderer architecture
The current release 0.3.1 can be downloaded in the files section of the SSR development page.
Please use SoundScapeRenderer@telekom.de for questions, feedback and bug reports.
The SSR development team
The SoundScape Renderer (SSR) is a versatile software framework for real-time spatial audio rendering. The modular system architecture allows the use of arbitrary rendering methods, e.g. Wave Field Synthesis, Higher-Order Ambisonics, Vector Base Amplitude Panning and binuaral techniques. The SSR is currently available for Linux and OS X. It has been released as open source software under the GPL.